Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Emma Wermström (EMW)" <Em...@emw.ericsson.se> on 2001/04/20 11:29:47 UTC

Embperl with mod_perl as DSO and without apache souce

Hi!

I hope someone can help me solve this problem. I'm running the apache server (Apache 1.3.12) over FreeBSD and I've installed mod_perl 1.25 as a DSO OUTSIDE the apache source tree via APXS. The reason I did that is that I don't have access to the apache source files since it was installed from a  FreeBSD CDROM.
Before I installed mod_perl, I also installed the Embperl module. I would now like embperl to work together with mod_perl. I've added the following to my httpd.conf file:

SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285

    <FilesMatch ".*\.htm$">
    SetHandler  perl-script
    PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
    Options     ExecCGI
    </files>
    AddType text/html .htm

I don't get a single error when I compile with httpd. However, I've tried to look att some of the embperl-examples in the /embperl/eg/x -directory and it only shows the perl/html source code and not the result (if.src.htm instead of if.htm).
Is there a way to make embperl again without specifying the apache source and still have it work together with mod_perl or can I only operate embperl offline and as a CGIscript? I would really like to use perl code embedded with html.   Thanks,

Emma

Re: Embperl with mod_perl as DSO and without apache souce

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Is there a way to make embperl again without specifying the apache source
and still have it work together with mod_perl or can I only operate embperl
offline and as a CGIscript? I would really like to use perl code embedded
with html.   Thanks,

mod_perl normaly installs the necessary header files under your site_perl
directory. Do a simple search for httpd.h and use the directory where you
found it, when you get asked for the Apache sources. This way normaly
Embperl should correctly compile with mod_perl support.

Gerald