Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/28 15:54:48 UTC

Cannot build geocouch in cygwin, any ideas?

So I've followed the instructions in the README for geocouch.  I've set the
COUCH_SRC env variable to point to my <couchdb>/src/couchdb directory.
However I still get the following error:

$ make
Recompile: src/vtree/vtree_bulk
src/vtree/vtree_bulk.erl:15: can't find include file "couch_db.hrl"
Makefile:7: recipe for target `compile' failed
make: *** [compile] Error 1

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!  I assume it just cant find my
couchdb source.  Ive echoed COUCH_SRC in the makefile and it looks correct.

Is there a windows binary somewhere that I could download, to avoid building
for now?

Is there a users forum for couchdb/geocouch?  If so, could you provide me
with a link?  I didn't see anything in the nabble search or via google.

Thanks!!!

Re: Cannot build geocouch in cygwin, any ideas?

Posted by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com>.
I think I finally got it!
For those that follow here's what I had to do:
set the env variable INCLUDE
  ex. export INCLUDE=C:\\mycouchdbsrc\\src\\couchdb
Even though you are running in cygwin you need to set this to your actual
windows path for the erl.exe

Then I had to manually change every file that used it from:
-include("couch_db.hrl").
-include("$INCLUDE/couch_db.hrl").

I believe setting COUCH_SRC is meant to do this for you, but for whatever
reason it wasnt for me.
Hopefully my pain helps someone.

Re: Cannot build geocouch in cygwin, any ideas?

Posted by Volker Mische <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I never tried it myself to build GeoCouch on Windows. But it seems
possible, as Couchbase did it.

On 03/28/2012 03:54 PM, JohnRodey wrote:
> So I've followed the instructions in the README for geocouch.  I've set the
> COUCH_SRC env variable to point to my <couchdb>/src/couchdb directory.
> However I still get the following error:
>
> $ make
> Recompile: src/vtree/vtree_bulk
> src/vtree/vtree_bulk.erl:15: can't find include file "couch_db.hrl"
> Makefile:7: recipe for target `compile' failed
> make: *** [compile] Error 1
>
> Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!  I assume it just cant find my
> couchdb source.  Ive echoed COUCH_SRC in the makefile and it looks correct.

Are you sure the couch_db.hrl is in the path you've specified with
COUCH_SRC?

> Is there a windows binary somewhere that I could download, to avoid building
> for now?

I don't know any.

> Is there a users forum for couchdb/geocouch?  If so, could you provide me
> with a link?  I didn't see anything in the nabble search or via google.

This mailing list (though I'd suggest the user, rather then the dev
list) is the right place.

Cheers,
  Volker