Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by tassz <ts...@j7isstudy.com> on 2006/09/22 13:33:33 UTC

Trigger Statement

I am new to Derby 10, and would like some examples of how the use a Trigger
Statement to: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and CASCADE.

Re: Trigger Statement

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
tassz wrote:
> I am new to Derby 10, and would like some examples of how the use a Trigger
> Statement to: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and CASCADE.

One of the building blocks for triggers is functions implemented in java
(and java procedures, too, beginning with 10.2). This wiki page might
help and also includes a link to a simple trigger example in the list
archives:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines

--By the way, I haven't kept the Wiki pages up to date with derby list
traffic, so if anyone spots a post that should be added, please do.

The Derby functional tests are also a handy resource. For example, see
the trigger* files at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/
.

Finally, the documentation on triggers starts at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevspecial27163.html .

regards,

-jean