Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Alexander Ryazanov <ar...@eyeota.com> on 2019/04/05 12:26:34 UTC

Running Calcite as a standalone server

Hi.

Can you give me some pointers, please.
If I understood correctly, it should be possible to launch Calcite adaptor
(or several) as a standalone server and connect to it via Avatica JDBC
client.

I found no examples in calcite-core or calcite-server.

It feels like i need to launch org.apache.calcite.avatica.server.HttpServer.
Avatica doc says that one should start by
implementing org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaFactory.
Calcite-core provides org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteJdbc41Factory which
seems like a good fit.

There is also org.apache.calcite.jdbc.Driver, which I need to wire with my
model json file.

Basically I have troubles wiring together
json adaptor schema,
org.apache.calcite.jdbc.Driver,
org.apache.calcite.avatica.server.HttpServer,
org.apache.calcite.jdbc.CalciteJdbc41Factory.

Am i missing something?
Are there any code samples I can use?

--
Thank you,