Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Neal McBurnett <ne...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/25 02:12:39 UTC

Can't find PGP signature (.asc file) for Drill 1.0.0 download

Congratulations - sounds like a great milestone, and I want to get it!

So I go to http://drill.apache.org/download/

 and thence to
  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/drill/drill-1.0.0/apache-drill-1.0.0.tar.gz

where it prominently says, under VERIFY THE INTEGRITY OF THE FILES:
  It is essential that you verify the integrity of the downloaded file using the PGP signature (.asc file) or a hash (.md5 or .sha file). Please read Verifying Apache Software Foundation Releases for more information on why you should verify our releases.

  The PGP signature can be verified using PGP or GPG. First download the KEYS as well as the asc signature file for the relevant distribution. Make sure you get these files from the main distribution site, rather than from a mirror. Then verify the signatures using

That's all explained more at http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html, and of course I know that's true.  It comes by default when installing packages in most any linux distro, or on other major platforms.

But I can't find any evidence of a .sig file for this release or for other recent releases.  Where do I get it?

Thanks,

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/

Re: Can't find PGP signature (.asc file) for Drill 1.0.0 download

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
You should be able to get them here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/drill/drill-1.0.0/