Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jay Burrill <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/23 21:30:48 UTC

Tiles Factory use

I'm a Tiles newbie and am having difficulty implementing a tiles definition
factory properly.  I've created the definitions XML file, added the
struts-config <plug-in/>, and the <taglib/> in web.xml.  And I see the
factory created in the appserver console.  But how do I then access the
definition using that factory in my JSP?  I have successfully used a
definition/layout combo with an insert of the definition file and put's to
specify the tiles content, but I would rather use the factory.

Re: Tiles Factory use

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

  To insert a definition from the factory, you simply call <insert
definition="defName" /> or <insert name="defName" />.
  Check the tiles tags syntax for other options:
 http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-tiles.html#insert

   Cedric