Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/03/18 00:49:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.7.0 (release candidate 0)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.7.0, release candidate 0.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release. This is the
first Calcite release since Avatica became an independent project, so
now includes Avatica as it would any other library, and also features
a brand new Cassandra adapter, and a slew of bug-fixes and
improvements to the planning process.

You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/branch-1.7/site/_docs/history.md

The commit to be voted upon:
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/calcite/commit/8eebfc6d169421509e5d4792a18917fcb6c44efb

Its hash is 8eebfc6d169421509e5d4792a18917fcb6c44efb.

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-1.7.0-rc0

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
src.tar.gz.md5 fe75444b842d9fe1764777765a012c02
src.tar.gz.sha1 78c94408d3742b275c3a77d7312845ac2a98d067
src.zip.md5 c37a9079fe7b948ee1bcfbd84b3b2852
src.zip.sha1 62fe9a411cb4f6b62b5376c7e396092cf4415fe3

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1017

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jhyde.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite 1.7.0.

The vote is open until 12 noon Pacific on Monday, and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite 1.7.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.7.0 (release candidate 0)

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Confirmed, I get the same results.

Alan.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
I ran it with the command:

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.7.0 (release candidate 0)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Thanks to everyone who has tested the release candidate and given
their comments and votes.

The tally is as follows.

3 binding +1s:
Alan Gates
Josh Elser
Julian Hyde

No other votes.

Therefore I am delighted to announce that the proposal to release
Apache Calcite 1.7.0 has passed.

Thanks everyone. We’ll now roll the release out to the mirrors.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Agreed; I’ve added it to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-746.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* xsums/sigs good
* Inspected list of all files, nothing jumped out as binary
* RAT check fine (same caveat from Alan/Julian)
* LICENSE looks accurate (just Jekyll stuff)
* Using Avatica 1.7.1 (security concerns)

Nits: