Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Sekhar Nadella <sh...@mastercard.com> on 2001/09/04 15:16:27 UTC

Please help....WSDL generation for apache/soap services

Hi,

I'm trying to generate WSDLs for my soap services written in java using
apache/soap. I came to know that GLUE will generate the wsdl for a java
class. But I'm facing problems with this tool. when I execute this command
line tool by passing following parameters,
com.myutils.MyServices -e http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

I'm getting error saying class not found.the following is the error dump.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.myutils.MyServices
     java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
     java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
     java.lang.ClassNotFoundException(java.lang.String)
     java.lang.Class java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String)
     java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String,
boolean)
     java.lang.Class
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean)
     java.lang.Class java.lang.Class.forName0(java.lang.String, boolean,
java.lang.ClassLoader)
     java.lang.Class java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String)
     void electric.wsdl.tools.Java2WSDL.java2wsdl(java.lang.String [])
     void electric.wsdl.tools.Java2WSDL.main(java.lang.String [])

usage: java2wsdl <arguments>

where valid arguments are:
  classname                     name of java class
  -d directory                  output directory
  -e url                        endpoint of service
  -g                            include GET/POST binding
  -m map-file                   read mapping instructions
  -n namespace                  namespace for service
  -r description                description of service
  -s                            include SOAP binding
  -x command-file               command file to execute

can anybody help me please. am i doing anything wrong here?
Your help/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Sekhar Nadella

Re: Please help....WSDL generation for apache/soap services

Posted by Otto Villarin <ot...@softel.cu>.
There is something missing in your command line you have to add the urn also
I mean http://localhost:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter/urn:SomeWebService
And rememember to set your classpath with the jar that contains the classes
that define the service on the other hand you could try the WSDL generation
tool from WebServices Toolkit from IBM.
Regards
Otto