Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Viraf Bankwalla <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/13 01:31:31 UTC

ODE Enhancements and Rodamap question

Hi - I am about to use Ode in a project and had a number of questions:

   I looked at the roadmap - however did not see any dates.  Are there proposed dates to when it plans to move out of incubator.  Also, what is the target functionality for this release.
   There are a number of changes that we need to make to ode.  For example - the event do not currently include process context data.  Having this data is critical for us to be able to use these events for Business Activity Monitoring (BAM).
  There are additional enhancements that we will need and I am willing to have my team make these changes and submit them for inclusion.  What is the process to have our changes be incorporated into the baseline code base.

  Thanks.

  - viraf

---------------------------------
always stay connected to friends.

Re: ODE Enhancements and Rodamap question

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 1/12/07, Viraf Bankwalla <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi - I am about to use Ode in a project and had a number of questions:

Excellent!

   I looked at the roadmap - however did not see any dates.  Are there
> proposed dates to when it plans to move out of incubator.  Also, what is the
> target functionality for this release.

The short-term plan is to get a first release out, which should be feasible
soon now that we don't have a hard dependency on Hibernate and the legal
stuff is out of the way.

To move out of the incubator, I believe we need to gather a more vibrant and
diverse community.  This can happen with more people getting involved, more
people using Ode and generally more activity around the project.   After the
first release (or two), this should be our primary goal.

   There are a number of changes that we need to make to ode.  For example -
> the event do not currently include process context data.  Having this data
> is critical for us to be able to use these events for Business Activity
> Monitoring (BAM).
>   There are additional enhancements that we will need and I am willing to
> have my team make these changes and submit them for inclusion.  What is the
> process to have our changes be incorporated into the baseline code base.

I would suggest presenting your requirements and enhancements to the mailing
list to see how we tackle each one.   If you already have code that fulfills
your needs, you could also create Jira issues and attach your code along.
That way, we can all take a look, comment and proceed to integrate it with
the trunk if there's agreement.

I'm looking forward to your contributions!

cheers,
alex