Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/26 23:14:17 UTC

having problem with cxf 2.0.2 using client webservice

Hello,

I am learning to use cxf (migrated from xfire) and in previous cxf 2.0
release, I had no problem running the following client creating by using
some of the sample code for cxf with spring.
JaxWsProxyFactoryBean jf = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
      jf.setAddress("http://localhost:8080/comp/cxf-services/serviceurl");
      jf.setServiceClass(MyCxfWebService.class);
      MyCxfWebService service1 = (MyCxfWebService) jf.create();
      service1.showData("This is a test");

I have the application server deployed with the server service configured
for http://localhost:8080/comp/cxf-services/serviceurl

Now with cxf 2.0.1, it was giving me error for missing jar for
org.apache.geronimo.mail.util. So, I upgraded to cxf 2.0.2 - and I keep
getting the following error. I am really not sure where the issue is.

org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: Error reading XMLStreamReader.
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.ReadHeadersInterceptor.handleMessage(ReadHeadersInterceptor.java:187)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.ReadHeadersInterceptor.handleMessage(ReadHeadersInterceptor.java:1)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:207)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.onMessage(ClientImpl.java:395)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1943)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1790)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:66)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:576)
	at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:207)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:254)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:205)
	at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
	at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:68)
	at $Proxy44.findData(Unknown Source)
	at com.comp.TestCxfWebService.test1(TestCxfWebService.java:74)
	at
	at
	at
org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare(ConditionalTestCase.java:69)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
	at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedEOF(StreamScanner.java:661)
	at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.handleEOF(BasicStreamReader.java:2134)
	at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2040)
	at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1069)
	at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextTag(BasicStreamReader.java:1095)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.ReadHeadersInterceptor.handleMessage(ReadHeadersInterceptor.java:85)
	... 34 more

Please help.

Re: having problem with cxf 2.0.2 using client webservice

Posted by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry - Please read HelloWorldNew as HelloWorld in my configuration/code in
my previous post - To test, I had created two interfaces - one HelloWorld
and other HelloWorldNew

Re: having problem with cxf 2.0.2 using client webservice

Posted by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Willem,

Yes that worked. Thanks so much for pointing that out. I should have first
tried to find out how to reference spring bean before simply using it as
reference bean in my cxf.xml.

Re: having problem with cxf 2.0.2 using client webservice

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi ,

I think I found the key of this issue.
It is you bean.xml's definition. If you want to define the value of
simple:server@serviceBean with a spring bean's reference, you need to
use the prefix '#' for the bean's name, and they should be in the same
application context.

If you take the CXF wiki's [1] as an example , you need to put the
contents in the cxf.xml into beans.xml.

Here is an example for it beans.xml

       xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop"
       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
       xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx"
       xmlns:simple="http://cxf.apache.org/simple"

           http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-2.0.xsd
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util-2.0.xsd
           http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop
http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-2.0.xsd
           http://cxf.apache.org/simple
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/simple.xsd">

   <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml"/>
   <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml"/>
   <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml"/>

 <bean id="helloService" class="com.comp.HelloWorldImpl">
  </bean>

 <simple:server id="hello" address="/hello"
                  serviceClass="com.comp.HelloWorldNew"
                  serviceBean="#helloService">
   </simple:server>
</beans>

[1]http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html

Willem.

Posted by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Wellem,

I really don't have anything extra on sever side. To make testing this
problem simple, I added the HelloWorld sample code in my server side code
and it just seems that the client code when trying to use it when deployed
on web application gives the error.

The configuration on server side is as follow:
1. --------- I have a cxf.xml which has following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi ,

It looks like the error was thrown form the server side when the CXF
runtime invoke the service implementor.
Do you do some extra work  on you server side?
Can you show me the server side configuration files?

Willem.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Any chance you can wireshark/tcpdump the interaction so we can see what
it on the wire?   From the error, it looks like the return message is
messed up somehow.

You could try adding to the SEI interface:
@Features(features = "org.apache.cxf.feature.LoggingFeature")
to turn on the logging.   If you could do that on the server as well to
see what it is sending, that would be great.

Dan

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA
P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
daniel.kulp@iona.com
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: having problem with cxf 2.0.2 using client webservice

Posted by aurelije zovko <au...@gmail.com>.
I had errors running my cxf client from eclipse. This was my first CXF
client using Spring and Tomcat I wrote.  I have added all jars in class path
(run configuration in eclipse) and errors are gone (my Maven is still not
working, and I did not have all dependencies resolved, so I needed manually
to add jars).

Posted by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

actually in my first email, I was trying to create client two ways and both
ways are resulting in error.

If I use this:
      ClientProxyFactoryBean f = new ClientProxyFactoryBean();
      f.setAddress("http://localhost:8080/serviceurl");
      f.setServiceClass(MyCxfWebService.class);
      MyCxfWebService service1 = (MyCxfWebService) f.create();
      service1.showData("This is a test");

I get folllowing error:
[...]
        at $Proxy44.showData(Unknown Source)
[...]

And If I use this for client:
JaxWsProxyFactoryBean jf = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
      jf.setAddress("http://localhost:8080/comp/cxf-services/serviceurl");
      jf.setServiceClass(MyCxfWebService.class);
      MyCxfWebService service1 = (MyCxfWebService) jf.create();
      service1.showData("This is a test");

I get this error:

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Could not find operation info for web
method showData.
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:102)
	at $Proxy44.showData(Unknown Source)
	at com.comp.TestCxfWebService.test2(TestCxfWebService.java:87)
[...]

If in the web browser I do
http://localhost:8080/comp/cxf-services/serviceurl?wsdl, it does show me the
wsdl file correctly. So, I am not sure what I missing.

Re: having problem with cxf 2.0.2 using client webservice

Posted by mule1 <ua...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Aurelije,

Posted by aurelije zovko <au...@gmail.com>.
Hi,