Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by scriptnull <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/28 10:02:12 UTC

Expiry policy at a key value level

Hi,

I am trying to understand whether it is possible to set an expiry time at a
key-value level instead of the cache level.

From my understanding, Apache Ignite supports expiry policies at a cache
level ( https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies ), so that all
the key-value pairs in the cache gets expired at a specific time. I would
like to know if there is a way for only a specific key-value pairs in the
cache to override the default expiry time at the time of putting the
key-value from a thin client.

By reading up the docs of the thin clients (
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/java-thin-client-key-value ), I am
inferring that there is no method signature that accepts expiry time for put
operation. So, I would like to confirm this behavior and interested in
knowing if anyone had this kind of use case or perhaps a feature request.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Expiry policy at a key value level

Posted by scriptnull <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! I opened a ticket here -

Re: Expiry policy at a key value level

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

IgniteCache has a way to specify the expiry policy at key level for thick
clients via IgniteCache#withExpiryPolicy() facade. I think it may be
reasonable to add similar option to the thin clients protocol as well. Feel
free to open a ticket.