Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> on 2013/01/08 03:38:38 UTC

[Report] Apache Thrift

January 2013

Thrift is a framework for providing cross-platform RPC and serialization.

Community
The Thrift community continues to see consistent growth with an increase
in new
contributors. Since our recent 0.9 release we have resolved almost 50
tickets and
we are working towards our milestone 1.0 release.

Releases
Version 0.9.0 released.

General
The Apache Thrift PMC voted to switch from svn to git as our primary
source control
management. The website and svn repo has been updated with the links to
the new
repository and we are seeing an overwhelming positive response from the
community
for this change.

-Jake