Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matt Gilman <mc...@apache.org> on 2017/06/05 17:54:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.3.0

Hello,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache NiFi
nifi-1.3.0.

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1108

The Git tag is nifi-1.3.0-RC1

The Git commit ID is ddb73612bd1512d8b2151b81f9aa40811bca2aaa

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git;a=commit;h=ddb73612bd1512d8b2151b81f9aa40811bca2aaa

Checksums of nifi-1.3.0-source-release.zip:

MD5: 8b115682ac392342b9edff3bf0658ecb

SHA1: f11cdebbabdc0d8f1f0dd4c5b880ded39d17f234

SHA256: 9ba5565729d98c472c31a1fdbc44e9dc1eee87a2cf5184e8428743f753145b7f

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mcgilman.asc

KEYS file available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/nifi/KEYS

110 issues were closed/resolved for this release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12340498

Release note highlights can be found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version1.3.0

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test.  The
please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as nifi-1.3.0

[ ] +0 no opinion

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.3.0

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Full build w/contrib check passes.  All hashes, signature, commit hash
looks good.  Binary and source L&N checks out. Manually testing was
favorable.  Did find trouble when opting in to the new provenance
writeahead repo and filed [1].

Thanks!  This release has some really powerful stuff packed into and a
lot of excellent bug fixes.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam, Jeff,

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Adam,

Thanks for the heads up on the missing tag. When I pushed up the release
branch I had forgotten to include the tags. It should be there now. Sorry
about that.

I did not have any trouble with the test you specified. Is it sporadic or
does it fail every time? That test appears unchanged since 1.2.0. Did you
have trouble with that release in this environment too?

Thanks!

Matt

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Build looks good, ran some sample flows that executed as expected.

Posted by Bryan Rosander <br...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding), verified hash, tag, full build with tests and
contrib-check, ran some record-related flows and random test flows

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Marc <ph...@apache.org>.
+1 ( non binding )

Verified checksums and hashes
Verified build on Linux (ubuntu 16.0.4)
Verified simple flows, one of which used minifi as a source.

On Jun 7, 2017 4:13 AM, "Joey Frazee" <jo...@icloud.com> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

- Verified checksums, signatures and commit ID
- Successfully built and ran tests on OSX, Amazon Linux, and Docker
maven:latest
- Built RPM with `mvn -T 2.0C clean install -Prpm,generateArchives
-DskipTests` and tested install
- Tested data flows with ConvertRecord and LookupAttribute processors

Great job y'all!

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
+1, binding

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Yolanda Davis <yo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Scott Aslan <sc...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified signatures, checksums, LICENSE, NOTICE, and README
- Built using a full clean build with contrib check successfully on OSX
- Run example data flows on OS X with Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
 on unsecured instance
- Run example data flows on OS X with Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) on
secured instance

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> * Verified GPG signature.
> * Verified hashes.
> * Built source with contrib-check profile.
> * Verified README, NOTICE, and LICENSE.
> * Verified commit ID.
> * Verified RC was branched from master.
> * Ran binary and tested basic functionality.
>

> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding) Release this package as nifi-1.3.0
> >
> > - Ran through release helper and everything checked out
> > - Ran some test flows with HDFS processors and verified they worked
> > correctly
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 12:42 AM, James Wing <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +1 (binding).  I ran through the release helper -- verified signature
> and
> > > hashes, ran the full build, checked readme, license, and notice in
> source
> > > and output.  I ran a simple flow and verified that it still works.
> > >
> > > Thanks for putting this release together, Matt.
> > >
> > > James

> > NiFi

> > 5b7f

> The

--
*Scott Aslan = new WebDeveloper(*
*{    "location": {        "city": "Saint Cloud",        "state": "FL",

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.3.0

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Wing <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Lim <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

-Ran full clean install on OS X (10.11.4)
-Tested UI changes
-Tested flows using CaptureChangeMySQL, PutDatabaseRecord processors and controller services, working as expected