Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/02 18:12:08 UTC

Summer Of Code

Hello,

My name is Petar Toshev Tahchiev, and I am a student at the Sofia
University, Bulgaria. I am writing to you in connection with Google's
this-year Summer Of Code. For I have been taking part in the users
mail list and I read there about the HTTP tasks(tasks that should
execute HTTP methods on a server).
Also I know that Ant is in need of automated documentation
generation using the implicit and explicit metadata provided by the
Java source code itself. I was wondering if any of my proposals are
good one for a project to take part in Summer Of Code?

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: Summer Of Code

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Speaking personally, I think the documentation project
has great value for the Ant community.  I consider
Dominique Devienne's gendoc proposal to be a viable
"seed"; it is (usually, I am having trouble with svn
ATM) viewable in Ant's svn sandbox.  As I understand
it, a SOC project should consist of a good deal of
coding, however; hopefully DD can provide an
indication of how much code would probably be written
in the course of fleshing out his proposal.

Thanks,
Matt