Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org> on 2014/02/06 16:32:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.7.1 RC1

This thread is for discussion of the first release candidate for
Apache jclouds-1.7.1. Please use this thread for discussion of issues
uncovered in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc. Thank
you.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.7.1 RC1

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> The release notes for 1.7.1 are available too:
> http://jclouds.apache.org/documentation/releasenotes/1.7.1/

Thanks, Ignasi!

ap

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.7.1 RC1

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 06:23:20PM -0800, Andrew Gaul wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 04:32:36PM +0100, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> > This thread is for discussion of the first release candidate for
> > Apache jclouds-1.7.1. Please use this thread for discussion of issues
> > uncovered in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc. Thank
> > you.
>
> I successfully ran verify_jclouds_release.sh with additions for
> jclouds-labs-aws and jclouds-labs-google.  Do we have a canonical copy
> of this script?  I also ran live tests against atmos, aws-ec2, aws-s3,
> azureblob, and cloudfiles-us and attached the results.  Most blobstore
> providers test cleanly.  I opened
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-461 to track several
> transient aws-s3 bucket settling failures and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-462 to track the many
> aws-ec2 failures also present in jclouds 1.7.0.

Validated fix for JCLOUDS-427 by testing with:

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_51"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.7.1 RC1

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> Do we have a canonical copy of this script?

I think the "canonical" version is still the one linked to from the
"Verifying jclouds" page [1], i.e. in abayer's home dir. We could
probably put it (and the Windows version, for what that's worth) in a
shared repo somewhere, if desirable?

Thanks for all the testing, Andrew G!

ap

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/Validate%20a%20Release

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds-1.7.1 RC1

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
Some more live test feedback. This time for "rackspace-cloudservers-us":

testGetAssignableLocations(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
{scope=ZONE, id=IAD, description=IAD, parent=rackspace-cloudservers-us,
iso3166Codes=[US-VA]} ||{scope=PROVIDER, id=rackspace-cloudservers-us,
description=https://identity.api.rackspacecloud.com/v2.0/,
iso3166Codes=[US-IL, US-TX, AU-NSW]}

testTemplateBuilderCanFind(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
no image matched predicate:
And(nullEqualToIsParentOrIsGrandparentOfCurrentLocation(),And(osFamily(ubuntu),osVersion(^13.04$),os64Bit(true)))

testTemplateBuilderCanFind(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
no image matched predicate:
And(nullEqualToIsParentOrIsGrandparentOfCurrentLocation(),And(osFamily(centos),osVersion(^6.3$),os64Bit(true)))

testTemplateBuilderCanFind(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
no image matched predicate:
And(nullEqualToIsParentOrIsGrandparentOfCurrentLocation(),And(osFamily(centos),osVersion(^6.2$),os64Bit(true)))

testTemplateBuilderCanFind(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
no image matched predicate:
And(nullEqualToIsParentOrIsGrandparentOfCurrentLocation(),And(osFamily(centos),osVersion(^5.6$),os64Bit(true)))

testTemplateBuilderCanFind(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
no image matched predicate:
And(nullEqualToIsParentOrIsGrandparentOfCurrentLocation(),And(osFamily(centos),osVersion(^6.0$),os64Bit(true)))

testTemplateBuilder(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.compute.CloudServersUSTemplateBuilderLiveTest):
expected [Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)] but found [Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal
Quetzal) (PVHVM)]

testRebuildServer(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.features.CloudServersUSServerApiLiveTest):
param{id} for invocation ServerAsyncApi.delete

testCreateInWrongAvailabilityZone(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.features.CloudServersUSServerApiLiveTest):
param{id} for invocation ServerAsyncApi.delete

testCreateInAvailabilityZone(org.jclouds.rackspace.cloudservers.us.features.CloudServersUSServerApiLiveTest):

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
My vote is based on running the verification on

I should add. Cf. JCLOUDS-427.

ap

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
Executed some more tests:

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
I've executed the release verification script and everything is ok:
* Build passes with no tests failed and no RAT violations
* Signatures match
* Checksums match

LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct in all projects.

I've also executed the live tests for the following providers:

* cloudsigma2-lvs - Tests run: 50, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
* digitalocean: Tests run: 53, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
* enterprisechef: Tests run: 47, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
* chef11: Tests run: 50, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
* chef10: Tests run: 50, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2
   Failed tests:
testListCookbooks(org.jclouds.chef.ChefApiLiveTest): There are no
versions of the cookbook: jcloudstest-nacx expected:<false> but
was:<true>

The failed test in chef10 seems to be related to a corrupted cookbook
I have in the server, so I'm not worried about it.

I've also tested Joyentcloud, and the provider is broken (and I'm sure
it has been broken for many releases). The API seems to have changed
and some objects in the domain model no longer match the objects
returned by the API. A general review of the provider should be done,
or we could consider deprecating/removing it. It is also using the
v6.5 API and Basic Auth when their v7 api has been out there for a
reasonable time now. There is also a better authentication method
based on user's SSH keys.

Anyway, it is in labs and I think it shouldn't stop the release. It is
not usable right now and if someone was using it, we would have seen
some emails in the mailing lists.

The release looks OK for me, but I'd wait to give my +1 until I am
able to test the Guava/JVM issue tomorrow.