Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Massimiliano Marsiglietti <ma...@flsystem.it> on 2000/03/14 11:07:33 UTC

Apologies and taglibs

Hrm,

I'm absolutely sorry about the text in italian of my previous email.
Like an absolute newbie, I forgot to set the to: field to the private email
address of the guy I was responding to. I owe you all a good dinner when you
happen to drop by here in Modena, and I will gladly accept all of your flames
on the subject. :-)

To add some content to this email, I would like to ask about one thing I
noticed in Tomcat 3.0 and now 3.1 beta, related to taglibs.

In the Sun specifications for JSP 1.1, it is said that you can create new
objects with your tags, objects that will have a life of their own outside of
the tags. You can have them become alive at the end of the tag, at the
beginning, or even only when in the tag (nested).

Now, I can only put the "nested" behaviour to work -- meaning that if I create
a new object in the tag with the "at end" or the "at the beginning" parameter
in the extrainfo class, and then try to use them in the jsp page, I get an error
saying the object does not exist.

This is of course somewhat of a showstopper, since it means that you can't
create, in the tag, objects that can be used outside of the tag (eg. it may be
useful for error handling). Or perhaps it means that I didn't understand how to
use the taglibs.. Is there anybody that can shed some light on the subject?

Thanks, and sorry again..
Max