Posted to users@maven.apache.org by shawn <ja...@koyuru.com> on 2003/02/19 08:13:44 UTC

sdocbook and maven

Hello,

I'm part of an open source project whose site was recently MAVENIZED
except for our documentation which we're changing into docbook.mxl.

I understand there is a filter/plug-in for sdocbook to work with Maven
but am confused by posts to the list which use regular docbook.

Is regular docbook also usable?

For instance, the following was posted as an example that threw up some
errors and is clearly not sdocbook (which doesn't have chapters
--correct?  --only articles)

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on this that would be very
helpful.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd">
<book>
  <title>Test of DocBook</title>
  <chapter>
    <title>My test chapter 1</title>
    <sect1>
      <title>My Section 1</title>
      <para>This is just body text</para>
      <para>Para 2</para>
      <para>para 3</para>
      <para>Para 4</para>
    </sect1>
    <sect1>
      <title>2nd Section in Chapter</title>
      <para>This is just body text</para>
    </sect1>
  </chapter>
</book>

--
shawn <ja...@koyuru.com>

Re: sdocbook and maven

Posted by Shawn <ja...@koyuru.com>.
Well I am just a user of the sourceforge sheets, so can't really claim
to understand them.  They are pretty complex I believe so maybe the
thing for us to do is leave the documentation in the html produced from
sourceforge sheets and use a css sheet to try an make it similar to the
rest of our really great looking site under Maven.  It's probably
expecting too much and maybe even unnecessary to get our whole manual
completely Mavenized.

> > > I'd be happy to make Maven's docbook handling stronger. If there are
> > > some *understandable* stylesheets that we can tweak for Maven, that'd
> > > be great. -- dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting Blog:
> > > http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog Work:
> > > http://www.multitask.com.au
>

> Shawn <ja...@koyuru.com>

Re: sdocbook and maven

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
That would be great!
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

"Siegfried Göschl" <si...@it20one.at> wrote on 20/02/2003
09:55:47 PM:

turbine-maven-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: sdocbook and maven

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Dion,

I could provide some DOCBOOK files for testing - this is real stuff
from Together Teamlösungen and not just samples.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschlö

On 20 Feb 2003 at 15:59, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> shawn <ja...@koyuru.com> wrote on 19/02/2003 06:34:09 PM:
>
> > Nevermind, I see in docbook2document.xsl that it's not limited to
> > strictly simplified docbook.
> >
> > Do people pretty much write their own xsl sheets or does that get
> > worked on together.
> >
> > The reason I ask is that our docbook has screenshots and things like
> > that with callouts which work great for explaining things and it
> > would be a terrible shame not to have a stylesheet which could
> > transform that.
> >
> > Obviously I know little about Maven, but wonder how Maven xls sheets
> > need to differ from what is already available from the nice ones at
> > sourceforge which we build our docbook docs with now.
> Shawn,
>
> I'd be happy to make Maven's docbook handling stronger. If there are
> some *understandable* stylesheets that we can tweak for Maven, that'd
> be great. -- dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting Blog:
> http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog Work:
> http://www.multitask.com.au

Siegfried Goeschl
CTO