Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gc134728 <gc...@scarlet.be> on 2007/02/15 13:53:54 UTC

Download Sources

Hey dear maven users,

I got a question.  I have one person in our team that updates the pom.xml and
creates the .classpath files namely MYSELF.  But i attach sources to our own
project artifacts but i want the other members of our team to get the attached
sources when they download dependencies so they can view it in eclipse.  The
problem is they have to execute the "eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true"
command.  And this fucks up some .classpath files cause some projects have
special eclipse project dependencies which i have to set manually.

My question is how can i download the sources with the eclipse:eclipse plugin
without the creation of the .project and .classpath file.  Or is there an
other way to download the sources?

If there are no ideas i'm gonna tweak the eclipse:eclipse plugin.

Thx for any assitance.---
Scarlet ONE -  Combine ADSL with unlimited fixed phone and save 400 euros
http://www.scarlet.be

Re: Download Sources

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
eclipse:eclipse can handle dependencies with other eclipse projects if it is
ran from the top-level project. It will create .classpath & .project files
for all modules and respect inter-projects dependencies
(see *useProjectReferences<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/eclipse-mojo.html#useProjectReferences>
*)

Nico.