Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/02 16:58:35 UTC

How to make an inner join for a drop down?

How can I do a join for a drop-down?  I need to drop down all
categories from a specific catalog, so I need to do a join
ProdCatalogCategory and ProductCategory.   Can this be done with an
entity-constraint?  What is the appropriate way to do this for a
drop-down?

<field name="contentTypeId" position="1">
      <drop-down allow-empty="true">
           <entity-options description="${categoryName}"
entity-name="ProductCategory" key-field-name="productCategoryId">
	        <!-- 	need to filter on a particular productCatalogId which I
need to get from  ProdCatalogCategory-->
            </entity-options>
       </drop-down>
</field>

Thanks.  Patrick

Re: How to make an inner join for a drop down?

Posted by Awdesh Parihar <aw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Partick,

Create a view entity(ProdCatalogAndCategory) by using two member entities
ProdCatalogCategory and ProductCategory , and apply constraint on that view
entity

<entity-options description="${categoryName}"
entity-name="ProdCatalogAndCategory" key-field-name="
productCategoryId">
<!--    filter list by productCatalogId  -->
</entity-options>

HTH

--
Awdesh Parihar
HotWax Media

Re: How to make an inner join for a drop down?

Posted by Parimal Gain <pa...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Patrick,

If entity-options is not your constraint then you can use list-option
for drop-down with the list prepared with all condition you need.

Regards
--
Parimal Gain

Posted by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cimballi,
Since <drop-down> is expecting an entity-name and you have specified a
view-entity, can you be a little more specific?  Instead of

<drop-down>
<entity-options description="${description}" entity-name="ContentType"

I think I must need a different syntax for the view-entity.  I noticed
if I put a view-entity into the entity-name field it doesn't work.
So how do I use the view-entity with the drop-down?
Thanks  Patrick

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>.