Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org> on 2015/09/16 00:10:13 UTC

Do not block until running for SoftLayer?

Hi Subhadip

> When I tried the same thing for SoftLayer, it's not working.
>
> I have to wait approx 5 min till the vm is in RUNNING status to get
> the nodeMetaDataSet response from CREATENODESINGROUP. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the details of the SoftLayer
provider implementation to be able to give any immediate suggestions :-(
Perhaps the API call is simply blocking for that amount of time (i.e.
there's maybe no SSH calls going on)..?

I hope someone on the list with more knowledge of the SoftLayer provider
is able to help!

Regards

ap

Re: Do not block until running for SoftLayer?

Posted by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Subhadip,

could you please paste a snippet of code of what you are trying to do?

is this basic test [1] similar to what you are doing?

Andrea

[1]:
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/providers/softlayer/src/test/java/org/jclouds/softlayer/compute/SoftLayerComputeServiceContextLiveTest.java