Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 15:04:36 UTC

PLEA - to Folks working on the oTests / OASIS testcases

Folks,

I am *extremely* grateful for all the good work that is going on around the testcases.

You are all helping both get Tuscany in shape and ALSO helping get the testcases into shape.

It is with the latter that I'd like to ask for your help.

I realize that there are problems in some of the testcases and that you are reporting them.  I would
  be very grateful if when you raise JIRAs relating to the testcases that you distinguish between
problems in the testcases themselves and problems where Tuscany fails the testcases in some way.

As a simple measure, could you all please prefix any JIRAs relating to a problem with the testcase
itself with [TESTCASE PROBLEM].

That will make it easy for me to pick out the ones that I have to get fixed in OASIS.

Many thanks,

Yours,  Mike.

Re: PLEA - to Folks working on the oTests / OASIS testcases

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Mike

Happy to do that. To date if you look for Tuscany JIRA with titles
starting with the word (OASIS) then these usually refer to an OASIS
fix being required. Not a general rule I admit. Also look here
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Conformance+Testing)
for a summary of where we are finding problems (both OASIS and
Tuscany).

Regards

Simon

Re: PLEA - to Folks working on the oTests / OASIS testcases

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Simon Laws wrote:
>> Ok I've renamed it to OASIS Tests and we can use it for just issues
>> with the OASIS tests themselves, and i've been moving some JIRAs
>> there, i expect some may not be in the correct place but we can tweak
>> those as we find them. Do we need a component for compliance issues
>> with Tuscany so we can more easily keep track of those JIRAs?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> I think that would be a good thing. Focuses the mind a bit.
>
> Simon

+1

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Simon Laws<si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Ok I've renamed it to OASIS Tests and we can use it for just issues
>> with the OASIS tests themselves, and i've been moving some JIRAs
>> there, i expect some may not be in the correct place but we can tweak
>> those as we find them. Do we need a component for compliance issues
>> with Tuscany so we can more easily keep track of those JIRAs?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> I think that would be a good thing. Focuses the mind a bit.
>
> Simon

It turns out there already were several different JIRA components
related to specification things. I've added another, removed one and
renamed one and left some alone but we now have these two components
I'm using for the otest work:

OASIS Compliance - OASIS
OASIS Compliance - Tuscany

See them at the bottom of the page:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY

  ...ant

Re: PLEA - to Folks working on the oTests / OASIS testcases

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.