Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Marinus Jansen <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/19 13:21:23 UTC

Threading Problem with Xalan 2.0.0

Hi

The following bug fix in 2.0.D06 causes us some problems when using the
Xalan Extensions with the Java Servlet API.

'Fixed some threading problems and improved support for handling Exceptions
thrown in a secondary thread.

Note: To support incremental output, Xalan-Java performs the transformation
in a second thread while building the source tree in the main thread.'

We are using a Xalan Extension that calls the Java Servlet API.

When our Xalan Extension is called and initialised it retrieves the Servlet
Session information via the Servlet API.

In the Servlet API session information can be accessed - but only within the