Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2001/10/15 23:37:17 UTC

ATTN: IDEA users

Tom and I noticed that IDEA seemed to have affected some whitespace when
making those changes, and investigated.

Turns out there is a setting to tell IDEA whether or not to remove trailing
whitespace from lines every time you save a file.  By default this is set to
"only check modified lines", but it seems to also remove trailing spaces
from certain other lines as well.

On the one hand, we probably shouldn't have trailing whitespace.  But on the
other hand, if you turn this feature to "never remove trailing whitespace"
then we don't get any whitespace weirdness on checkins.  Alternately, we
could just leave it on and do a diff/checkin to remove it before making
substantive changes.

Who's putting IN trailing whitespace, I'd like to know.... :)

--G