Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/08 10:14:45 UTC

[io] Counting Input/Output Streams

I was wondering why the CountingInputStream and CountingOutputStream
classes were deprecated?

The deprecation message doesn't indicate what replaces them (just says
"now found in Commons IO"!!!!!) and the commit log doesn't reveal any
more:

Niall

Re: [io] Counting Input/Output Streams

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That had me quite confused for a while. WTF was I doing?
>
> Seems I deprecated some other classes on that day in the gj-core
> library io package - so like an idiot I managed to deprecate the
> Apache ones for the Counting classes and not my originals.
>
> Thanks for catching that :)

No worries, had me confused as well - thanks for sorting it.

Niall

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.