Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/07 08:12:39 UTC

cloud.com references

during a search on refs to cloud.com i found
http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ a couple of times in the
devcloud and devcloud4 projects dirs.
Ar people still using those or could we remove them? Or maybe extract and
put in a sepparate project?

--
Daan

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
I am happy to change the URLs and it gets easier as they are getting more
distinct, but I want the project to have control on the cname, whichever.

--
Daan

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: cloud.com references

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
-1

Using apt-get is still an external dependency.  If the hardcoded value is an Apache/CloudStack domain we can always repoint as required.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

I grepped the source for all occurances of download.cloud.com and did $ wget -P `dirname $file | cut -d '/' -f 4-` $file making the best mirror of download.com that I could. I think having the domain and pointing it to our repo is easiest but a possible next step is also changing all to our new domain. I did all did on cloudstack.apt-get.eu so for now I will add a commit to my PR to change the urls to apt-get.

--
Daan

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

RE: cloud.com references

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Basically, with the change, we should make sure the devcloud stuff targets
something that will be used going forward (even if it is a temporary
solution until we figure out the mirroring approach).

Does that make sense?

w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_

Re: cloud.com references

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.