Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com> on 2008/02/05 23:06:12 UTC

Question on the state of pig

How stable and functional is pig at present? Is it stable to use with
hadoop?
--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>

Re: Question on the state of pig

Posted by Chris Olston <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Pig is being used today with Hadoop inside Yahoo for quite a few real
applications, by dozens of early adopters, and the list is growing
rapidly. That said, some important functionality is still being
added, including type checking and compatibility with non-java
executables, both of which are slated to go into pig by the end of
March. We expect the pace of adoption to accelerate at that point.

Cheers,

Chris

On Feb 5, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Jason Venner wrote:

> How stable and functional is pig at present? Is it stable to use
> with hadoop?
> --
> Jason Venner
> Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>
> Attributor is hiring Hadoop Wranglers, contact if interested

--
Christopher Olston, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Scientist