Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by megachucky <me...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/25 15:09:25 UTC

What configuration is necessary for a remote WebSphere MQ connection? (unknown protocol problem)

Hi there,

I want to connect to a remote JEE application using WebSphere MQ.

I can connect to it using another JMS client with this URL:
corbaloc:iiop:"ip-address":9811 and
com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.

I entered
- all JMS information (CF, RequestQueue, ResponseQueue)
- Initial CF: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory (I try the
WebSphere CF too)
- Provider URL: iiop:"ip-address":9811

I get this exception (unknown protocol):

2010/06/25 12:10:28 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.JMSSampler:
iiop:hpux01:9811 javax.naming.InvalidNameException: iiop:hpux01:9811 [Root
exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: iiop]
	at
com.sun.jndi.fscontext.FSContextFactory.getFileNameFromURLString(FSContextFactory.java:119)
	at
com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory.createContext(RefFSContextFactory.java:41)
	at
com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory.createContextAux(RefFSContextFactory.java:47)
	at
com.sun.jndi.fscontext.FSContextFactory.getInitialContext(FSContextFactory.java:49)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.JMSSampler.getInitialContext(JMSSampler.java:399)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.JMSSampler.threadStarted(JMSSampler.java:294)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread$ThreadListenerTraverser.addNode(JMeterThread.java:504)
	at org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverseInto(HashTree.java:984)
	at org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverse(HashTree.java:967)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.threadStarted(JMeterThread.java:479)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.initRun(JMeterThread.java:468)
	at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:239)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: iiop
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
com.sun.jndi.fscontext.FSContextFactory.getFileNameFromURLString(FSContextFactory.java:117)
	... 16 more

I do not find any more information about how to enter the provider url in
JMeter ?!

Can you please tell me the correct configuration? If you need more
information about my environment, tell me... Thanks for your help.

Re: What configuration is necessary for a remote WebSphere MQ connection? (unknown protocol problem)

Posted by megachucky <me...@gmail.com>.
Well, I know that I have to add the URL at the field "provider url", but I
cannot find any information about what that correct url is.

I tried the one which works with another JMS client, but it does not work
with JMeter. So I thought maybe someone already used JMeter in combination
with WebSphere AS / MQ and can tell me which URL he uses to connect to a
remote application server...

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.