Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 10:41:52 UTC

[VOTE][CANCEL] Release of commons-email-1.3 based on RC5

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com

> I would like to call a vote from commons-email-1.3 based on RC5.
>
> This release candidate has the following changes compared to RC4
>
> +) update index and building page with correct information wrt Java
>    compatibility
> +) update release notes with info on Java compatibility and Clirr errors
> +) fix svn:keywords for all source files and remove use of $Date$ tags
> +) add $Id$ tags for all newly introduced source files in 1.3
> +) update javax.mail.mail dependency to 1.4.5
> +) fix PMD warnings and add NOPMD comment for false positives
> +) added findbugs exclude filter for false positives
> +) fix release date in changes.xml
> +) correctly removed *.asc.[md5,sha1] files from Nexus staging area
>
> The files:
>
> The artifacts are deployed to Nexus:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-137/
>
> The tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/email/tags/EMAIL_1_3_RC5/
>
> The site:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/email/1.3/RC5/
>
> Additional Notes:
>
> o the download page and api links to older releases only work on
>   the published site and will be corrected after release.
>
> Please take a look at the commons-email-1.3 artifacts and vote!

> [ ] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because
>
> Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The vote is cancelled.

As agreed, the issue wrt Clirr errors due to a refactoring of constants in
the Email class will be resolved by:

 * changing EmailConstants to a public final class
 * putting back the constants into the Email class by referencing the
values from EmailConstants
 * marking the constants in Email as being deprecated

Thomas