Posted to mailet-api@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2007/01/17 18:06:27 UTC

Mailet api sub-project

In the past the Mailet API has been managed within the Apache James
Server project. You could always get the api separately but it was
managed in the James Server lifecycle.

Today the votes were counted and the API will soon be taking its
rightful place as a James subproject.

We'll start small, by releasing the current version, and move on to
look at the enhancements we've been discussing over on
mailet-api@james.apache.org.

Eventually I hope we'll add things like a Reference implementation
independent of James Server and suitable for embedding, an SDK, and
possibly a TCK.

d.

Re: Mailet api sub-project

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.
Danny Angus wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Andrew C. Oliver <ac...@buni.org> wrote:
>> BTW I'm still working on a proposal for that just really busy atm.
>
> I know the feeling, we won't go anywhere radical without pinging you.
>
> d.

yeah I don't expect to hold you guys up...code talks...talk says nothing.

--
No PST Files Ever Again
Buni Meldware Communication Suite

Re: Mailet api sub-project

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
On 1/18/07, Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver schrieb:
> > Danny Angus wrote:
> >>
> >> I know the feeling, we won't go anywhere radical without pinging you.
> >>
> >> d.
> >>

> > yeah I don't expect to hold you guys up...code talks...talk says nothing.
> >
> I fully agree with this statement. Code often say more then thousand
> words ;-)

Only if it is backed up by sound analysis and design. The code which
is in the mailet-refactorings sandbox is there to inform the analysis
and to influence the eventual design. It isn't a design.

d.

d.

Re: Mailet api sub-project

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Andrew C. Oliver schrieb:
> Danny Angus wrote:
>> On 1/17/07, Andrew C. Oliver <ac...@buni.org> wrote:
>>> BTW I'm still working on a proposal for that just really busy atm.
>>
>> I know the feeling, we won't go anywhere radical without pinging you.
>>
>> d.
>>

> yeah I don't expect to hold you guys up...code talks...talk says nothing.

I fully agree with this statement. Code often say more then thousand
words ;-)

bye
Norman

Re: Mailet api sub-project