Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 00:05:48 UTC

web service deployment options

Hi,

I'm curious how people typically deploy axis2 web services? Does everyone
install the axis2 web application and deploy using that? Are there other
options?

When I stop and restart JBoss (the app server I'm using), I have to upload
my web service into the axis2 web application again. Is there a way to avoid
having to do that?

Dennis

AW: web service deployment options

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
What ever servlet engine it is JBoss or Tomcat or ......

Axis2 is something for Tomcat or JBoss or ....                                                                    so you deploy AXIS2.WAR to one of this servlet-engines
Axis2 is a message processing engine doing all for you that you can deploy web-services     so you deploy AXIS2 Webservices TO AXIS2 in a .AAR files

Given AXIS2 is running, and given AXIS2 is configured for HOT DEPLOYMENT any time you compile/pack/copy your webservice.aar
into the service dir of AXIS2 makes AXIS2 re-deploying your web-service.

>From this view point I can't see any difference; bee it Tomcat or JBoss or ... servlet engin, it's AXIS2 which does the re-deployment of webservice
and not Tomcat or JBOss or any other servlet engine.

In short. Once you have deployed AXIS2 and it's engine is ready, to then re-deploy a web-service does not require any re-deployments AXIS2

AXIS2 depends on a working servlet engine while web-services depend on a working AXIS2-engine

Josef Stadelmann@
axa-winterthur.ch

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Dennis Sacks <de...@gmail.com>.