Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Randy Grafton <rg...@indatacorp.com> on 2005/01/08 01:06:19 UTC

[users@httpd] File serving...

When using apache to allow for binary file downloads through http, is
there a limit on how large the binary files can be?
Are there some config options that someone might suggest changing to
accommodate large files?
I recently had a situation where someone was trying to download a 1GB
file hosted on an Apache server that resulted in Seg Faults.

Thanks,
-Randy

Re: [users@httpd] File serving...

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:06:19 -0700, Randy Grafton
<rg...@indatacorp.com> wrote:
> When using apache to allow for binary file downloads through http, is
> there a limit on how large the binary files can be?
> Are there some config options that someone might suggest changing to
> accommodate large files?
> I recently had a situation where someone was trying to download a 1GB
> file hosted on an Apache server that resulted in Seg Faults.

Provided you don't have any output filters or other dynamic handler
processing the request, there really shouldn't be any problem with a
1GB file.  (Although 2GB might give you problems - see recent threads
on this list.)

Joshua.