Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2004/12/27 19:08:28 UTC

No Digest List?

does not have "digest mode" as well as axis-dev@ws.apache.org.

>> Current digest subscribers: No digest available

Digest Subscription means that you (we) can receive
and read messages as "threads" once daily, rather than
receiving a constant trickle (flow) of messages.

http://www.ezmlm.org/faq-0.32/FAQ-4.html#ss4.22

Perhaps you folks might have already known, this user list is
"Top-10 most popular list" in apache.org mailing lists. (wow)
The mean posts per day are 25.16 (posts/day), high-traffic!

Perhaps, someone can try to ask infrastructure@ (apmail@)
to create "digest mode" of this list.
If succeed, anyone will be able to subscribe -digest list via
axis-user-digest-subscribe@ws.apache.org

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

E-mail: kitahata@terra-intl.com  http://www.terra-intl.com/

Re: No Digest List?

Posted by "Tim K. (Gmane)" <tk...@ugcs.net>.
I like to read this list as a newsgroup (NNTP) via gmane.org (or you can
read it via a browser thru gmane's web site)

It works quite well, I don't get bombarded with emails all day long, I
read the newsgroup only when I feel like it (sort of like a digest if
you read the newsgroup once a day):

http://www.gmane.org/

News server: news.gmane.org
Newsgroup: gmane.text.xml.axis.user

Or you can get a RSS feed from http://rss.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.axis.user

and read it via an RSS reader (such as Thunderbird) or via Firefox
LiveBookmarks.

The possibilities are unlimited, you are not confined to email only.
Gmane is great!

Enjoy.

Tim