Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/01/20 09:22:42 UTC

[ApacheDS] Draft specification for shutdown

Tonight I got this new idea for an extended operation that makes
shutting down the server for scheduled maintenance really easy.  I wrote
a quick draft to be submitted to the IETF.  I'm requesting for comments
on it now ;).

http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/LDAP+Extensions+for+Graceful+Shutdown

Any thoughts or comments?

After a conversation with Emmanuel I might add a feature to shutdown the
server after a certain amount of time like the way UNIX shutdown works.
But give notification of the imminent shutdown at intervals.  Thanks
Emmanuel!

Alex