Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Alessandro Seganti <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/20 20:30:16 UTC

Re: Contributing to the code

Andy,
as the Xpath3 task is finished I am ready in starting a new task.
According to the list of things you wrote to me the last time, this one is
the one that got my attention:

*2/ The Spatial query and text query modules share a common framework but
the text one has had work done on it and the spatial one hasn't. It would
be good to find the common framework and redo the spatial query module to
share the general mechanisms with the text query.*

Could you explain a bit better what you mean? Is there a task corresponding
to this?

Otherwise if you think that there are other tasks more important at the
moment. I am open to suggestions.

Regards,
Alessandro

Re: Contributing to the code

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Yes - the jena-text and jena-spatial are similar but as a fixed-term
GSoC project, jena-spatial had to copy the code of jena-text as a
starting point.

It would be good if they shared more - they both use Lucene.

Osma has been working on jena-text recently and may have some thoughts
or ideas of what could be done in and around this area.

     Andy

Re: Contributing to the code

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.