Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jesfre <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 02:20:07 UTC

BUILD ERROR with relative path on install-file goal

Hi all...
I've tried to install a .jar file using a relative path to a file located in
a folder named common-lib under the parent folder of the project... Just
like:

-parent-project

      |-module1

      |-availability_queue

      |-common-lib
      |     |
      |     |-j2ee.jar
      |     |-praxis.jar

      |-moduleN

And I want to install these jars in the clean phase by using
maven-install-plugin. Whe I run >mvn clean, the plugin installs the
dependency, but it still try to install the file from the other modules, and
causes the next error:

[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] [install:install-file {execution: j2ee-library}]
[INFO] Installing
D:\dev\workspace\parent-project\availability_queue\common-lib\j2ee.jar to
C:\Documents and Settings\Jorge
Ruiz\.m2\repository\javax\j2ee\1.4\j2ee-1.4.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error installing artifact 'javax:j2ee:jar': Error installing
artifact: File
D:\dev\workspace\parent-project\availability_queue\common-lib\j2ee.jar does
not exist

Looks like the plugin try to find the file into the submodules, however the
file is correctly installed and the dependency is now in the local
repository...

There is my parent pom.xml...
                                   <plugin>
					<artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
					<version>2.2</version>
					<executions>
						<execution>
							<id>j2ee-library</id>