Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tracy R Reed <tr...@ultraviolet.org> on 2005/07/14 04:20:48 UTC

Repository corruption

Re: Repository corruption

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Tracy R Reed wrote:

>svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581)
>CentOS 4.0
>
>fsfs storage
>
>I am occasionally seeing strange corruption in my checked out code
>consisting of things like:
>
><<<<<<< .mine
>
>                }
><<<<<<< .mine
><<<<<<< .mine

[...]

This is not repository corruption. Someone got a conflict when they ran
"svn update", but they didn't bother to actually resolve it (that is,
they ran "svn resolved" without checking the file contents) before
committing.

PEBKC.

-- Brane

Re: Repository corruption

Posted by Tracy R Reed <tr...@ultraviolet.org>.

Re: Repository corruption

Posted by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com>.
Tracy R Reed wrote:
> I am occasionally seeing strange corruption in my checked out code
> consisting of things like:
>
> <<<<<<< .mine
>
>                 }
> <<<<<<< .mine
> <<<<<<< .mine
>
> =======
>                 print_r ($arCC);
> =======
>                 print_r($arCC);

That's what Subversion does to a file when there is a merge conflict.
Someone else edited the same lines as you and has already committed
their version.  It is up to you to resolve the conflict before you
commit the file.

See this chapter in the SVN book on resolving conflicts.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch03s05.html#svn-ch-3-sect-5.4

--
Sly

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.