Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com> on 2004/01/09 22:51:46 UTC

Including password-protected external HTTP resources

Hello,

Does anyone know of an easy way to include password-protected external HTTP
resources in a JSP page?  The password-protected resource I am talking about
uses basic HTTP authentication, so it seems like it would be conceivable to
write a custom JSP tag to accomplish this.  I'm looking for something with
syntax like this:

<io:http url="www.my-protected-resource.com" action="GET" username="user"
password="pass"/>

If this is not supported by the <io> tag library, does anyone else agree
that this should be feasible?  If so, I may implement this functionality
myself and donate it as a patch to the <io> tag library.

Thanks,

Matt