Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by shrisha <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/25 09:47:08 UTC

Specifying security ciphers using SSL connector for activeMQ

We are using ActiveMQ 5.2.0 with a SSL connector, we have a requirement to
enabe only specific high strength security ciphers for communication between
the clients and the server.With the default broker URL ,on port 61616 ,the
server accepts even Low and Medium strength ciphers , we need to make it
accept only high strength ciphers. Is there a way to specify these ciphers
which should only be accepted in the broker URL as a transport option pt
someway in the connector tag in activemq.xml.

RE: Specifying security ciphers using SSL connector for activeMQ

Posted by shrisha <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ya , we can definitely do it in the code, there are API's in java on the
Socket and the ServerSocket which allow us to enable only specific ciphers.
However I tried to catch hold of these sockets used  by extending the
following classes
SSLTransport,SSLTransportServer,SSLtransportFactory,ActiveMQSslConnectionFactory
thereby enabling only high strength ciphers on the Sockets and the
ServerSockets. But it seems it does not solve the problem , the server still
accepts low and medium strength ciphers. So i am not sure whether i have to
still extend some more classes. Instead of experimenting like this ,I was
wondering if there is any way of specifying these through some property
instead of changing in the code.

Anyone who has achieved this ,please post the steps here. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Ma...@sungard.com.