Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2007/04/03 15:38:06 UTC

Passing configuration param to a AprLifecycleListener

Hi,

Few months ago Filip added something like
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngine="someengine/on/off" />

Now, that simply doeasn't work because SSL.initialize(null) is always called,
and my perception was that this would allow having SSL.initialize(someengine)
or not calling SSL.initialize at all if off is entered.

Now, additional param would be needed for APR before calling SSL.initialize,
and that is SSLRandom="/dev/urandom" that would call
SSL.randSet("/dev/urandom") or SSL.randSet(null) if SSLRandom="builtin"

I suppose this would require creating mbean or something.

Comments?

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Passing configuration param to a AprLifecycleListener

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> That should be pretty straight forward, no mbean or anything needed.
> I'll take a look at it tonight

Cool, otherwise if we have a native compiled without SSL,
it throws exception instead not initializing SSL at all.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
That should be pretty straight forward, no mbean or anything needed.
I'll take a look at it tonight

Filip