Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Manish Mehndiratta <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/11 15:38:04 UTC

Apache Nifi installation on a new EC2

Hi Team -
Does anyone have steps to install Nifi on a brand new EC2 (assuming root
user). Would I also need to install a browser separately to run nifi for
development?

Any documentation or steps will be helpful.

Thanks,
Manish

Re: Apache Nifi installation on a new EC2

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

NiFi Documentation can be found here [1]. Of particular relevance to you is likely the Getting Started [2] and Admin Guide [3] sections.

Installation to your EC2 instance will depend on what AMI you are running, but assuming you are using a Linux-based AMI it should be fairly straightforward following the steps in those guides. Likely the only dependency you will have to install is Java 8 (last I checked, the standard Amazon Linux distros have Java 7 installed by default, but a the java-1.8.0-openjdk package is available in the default package repositories). Again, this will depend on the AMI you are using, which may / may not have Java 8.

A browser is not required to be installed on the EC2 instance running NiFi; it is only required on the client machine(s) that you will use to access the NiFi UI.

Once you have the dependencies installed, download NiFi [4] and follow the steps for installing, configuring, and running in the aforementioned documentation. If you run into any trouble, post back to this list.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs.html

[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/getting-started.html