Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Dugas <pa...@dugas.cc> on 2005/09/16 20:21:44 UTC

detect copy in pre-commit hook

I want to enforce rules for access control, naming conventions, and a
branching scheme in a pre-commit hook.  I'm hung up trying to figure out
whether additions to /tags are the result of mkdir/add vs. copy.

I found a discussion of doing this from the list back in July but no real
soution for doing it in the pre-commit hook (before the transaction has
completed).  Does anybody have a solution for this or is it just not
possible?

Eager for a solution,

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul@dugas.cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park

Re: detect copy in pre-commit hook

Posted by Manfred Gruber <gr...@utanet.at>.
Hi !

I have now done a quick-and-dirty shell script for my problem to check that a
commit to a tag dir is only allowed when there are only svn:externals to tag
directories.

maybe it helps you for your problem to fix it.
pre-commit:
${REPOS}/hooks/svn_check_externals.sh "$REPOS" "$TXN" || exit 1

maybe someone can review it if this is all correct.

thanks regards manfred

Posted by Paul Dugas <pa...@dugas.cc>.

Posted by Manfred Gruber <m....@tirol.com>.
Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 22:21 schrieb Paul Dugas:
> I want to enforce rules for access control, naming conventions, and a
> branching scheme in a pre-commit hook.  I'm hung up trying to figure out
> whether additions to /tags are the result of mkdir/add vs. copy.
>
> I found a discussion of doing this from the list back in July but no real
> soution for doing it in the pre-commit hook (before the transaction has
> completed).  Does anybody have a solution for this or is it just not
> possible?

hi !

I have the same problem. I wrote a question some mails ago, where I want to
know when there is a copy to a tag directory and then update svn:externals
automatic in a hook script.

I also found no solution for that. maybe someone can help us to find a
solution. thanks a lot if someone has an idea.

maybe we have to look into the svnperms.py scripts to find out how
add,update,remove is cheched and then make a new script which handles this
things. but i am not good in python. i have too look...

regards manfred