Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 07:01:49 UTC

Could not find component for role error

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Forrest (0.7 or 0.8) running on my new development
machine (Ubuntu Feisty, Java 1.5), but have been unsuccessful so far.
Both forrest versions throw errors (though different ones) for a doc
build that has been working with Forrest 0.7 for the longest time (and
is untouched since the last, successful run).

(In case you're curious, it is the doc target in the build file of
Apache DdlUtils, http://db.apache.org/ddlutils. Source files related
to Forrest can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/ddlutils/trunk/src/doc/).

With Forrest 0.8, I get this error:

site:
     [echo]
     [echo]   Copying the various non-generated resources to site.
     [echo]   Warnings will be issued if the optional project
resources are not found.
     [echo]   This is often the case, because they are optional and so
may not be available.
     [echo] Copying project resources and images to site ...
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/webapp/resources not
found.
     [copy] Copying 267 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site
     [echo] Copying main skin images to site ...
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin/images
     [copy] Copying 18 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin/images
     [copy] Copying 62 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin/images
     [echo] Copying project skin images to site ...
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/common/images
not found.
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/tigris/images
not found.
     [echo] Copying main skin css and js files to site ...
     [copy] Copying 11 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin
     [copy] Copied 4 empty directories to 3 empty directories under
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin
     [copy] Copying 7 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin
     [echo] Copying project skin css and js files to site ...
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/common
not found.
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/tigris
not found.
     [echo]
     [echo] Finished copying the non-generated resources.
     [echo] Now Cocoon will generate the rest.
     [echo]
     [echo] Static site will be generated at:
     [echo] /home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site
     [echo]
     [echo] Cocoon will report the status of each document:
     [echo]   - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).
     [echo]
     [java] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [java] cocoon 2.2.0-dev
     [java] Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Apache Software Foundation. All
rights reserved.
     [java] Build: December 8 2005 (TargetVM=1.4, SourceVM=1.4,
Debug=on, Optimize=on)
     [java] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [java]
     [java]
     [java] X [0]                                     linkmap.html
 BROKEN: Could not find component for role:
[org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/project]
(Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/project')
     [java] Total time: 0 minutes 3 seconds,  Site size: 0 Site pages: 0
     [java] Java Result: 1

The same setup, this time with Forrest 0.7 produces this:

     [echo] Copying the various non-generated resources to site.
     [echo] Warnings will be issued if the optional project resources
are not found.
     [echo] This is often the case, because they are optional and so
may not be available.
     [echo] Copying project resources and images to site ...
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/webapp/resources not
found.
     [copy] Copying 267 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site
     [echo] Copying main skin images to site ...
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin/images
     [copy] Copying 23 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin/images
     [copy] Copying 62 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin/images
     [echo] Copying project skin images to site ...
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/common/images
not found.
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/tigris/images
not found.
     [echo] Copying main skin css and js files to site ...
     [copy] Copying 12 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin
     [copy] Copied 4 empty directories to 3 empty directories under
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin
     [copy] Copying 9 files to
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site/skin
     [echo] Copying project skin css and js files to site ...
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/common
not found.
     [copy] Warning:
/home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/src/documentation/skins/tigris
not found.
     [echo] Finished copying the non-generated resources.
     [echo] Now Cocoon will generate the rest ...
     [echo]
     [echo] Static site will be generated at:
     [echo] /home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/site
     [echo]
     [echo] Note that there are various reasons for "build failed" messages.
     [echo] * Cocoon will report the status of each document:
     [echo]   - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).
     [echo] * Even if only one link is broken, you will still get "failed".
     [echo] * Your site would still be generated, but some pages would
be broken.
     [echo] * Please check the file:
     [echo] /home/tomdz/workspace/DdlUtils/target/doc/build/tmp/brokenlinks.xml
     [echo] for any broken links in the generated site.
     [java] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [java] cocoon 2.2.0-dev
     [java] Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Apache Software Foundation. All
rights reserved.
     [java] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [java]
     [java]
     [java] Lazy mode: true
     [java] Lazy mode: true
     [java] Lazy mode: true
     [java] Lazy mode: true
     [java] Lazy mode: true
     [java] Lazy mode: true
     [java] * [1/0]     [0/0]     0.478s 0b      linkmap.html
     [java] org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error while creating node 'select' at
file:/usr/local/lib/apache-forrest-0.7/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/output.xmap:28:35
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.buildChildNodesList(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:128)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.buildChildNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:136)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNodeBuilder.buildNode(MatchNodeBuilder.java:76)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNodeBuilder.buildNode(PipelineNodeBuilder.java:113)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNodeBuilder.buildNode(PipelinesNodeBuilder.java:65)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapNodeBuilder.buildNode(SitemapNodeBuilder.java:70)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.createTree(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:296)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:381)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.buildConcreteProcessor(TreeProcessor.java:401)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.setupConcreteProcessor(TreeProcessor.java:348)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:247)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:112)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNode.invoke(SelectNode.java:82)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:138)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:95)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:203)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:149)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:248)
[...]
     [java]     at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:503)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.getPage(CocoonWrapper.java:456)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.processTarget(CocoonBean.java:501)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.process(CocoonBean.java:362)
     [java]     at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:321)
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.PatternException:
Cannot get module named 'lm' in expression '{lm:project.{1}{2}.pdf}'
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver.getNewModuleToken(PreparedVariableResolver.java:142)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver.access$500(PreparedVariableResolver.java:41)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver$1.addToken(PreparedVariableResolver.java:96)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.VariableExpressionTokenizer.tokenize(VariableExpressionTokenizer.java:95)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver.<init>(PreparedVariableResolver.java:69)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.VariableResolverFactory.getResolver(VariableResolverFactory.java:104)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNodeBuilder.buildNode(SelectNodeBuilder.java:59)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.buildChildNodesList(AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder.java:121)
     [java]     ... 35 more
     [java] Caused by:
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Could not find
component for role:
[org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm]
(Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/lm')
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager.lookup(CoreServiceManager.java:364)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.DefaultServiceSelector.select(DefaultServiceSelector.java:138)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver.getNewModuleToken(PreparedVariableResolver.java:140)
     [java]     ... 42 more
     [java] X [0]                                     linkmap.html
 BROKEN: URI not found: Error while creating node 'select' at
file:/usr/local/lib/apache-forrest-0.7/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/output.xmap:28:35
     [java] Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream.
     [java] Total time: 0 minutes 1 seconds,  Site size: 0 Site pages: 1

While this is a longer error message, unfortunately I cannot make
sense of either error :-(

Any idea what might be causing this ?

cheers,
Tom

Re: Could not find component for role error

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 4/26/07, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Any idea what might be causing this ?
>
> Not following the upgrade instructions.

Well, to put that into perspective, I only tried 0.8 because a freshly
downloaded 0.7 did not work. In fact, I don't intend to switch to 0.8
for now - at least I didn't assuming that the 0.7 build works just
fine ...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> I'm trying to get Forrest (0.7 or 0.8) running on my new development
> machine (Ubuntu Feisty, Java 1.5), but have been unsuccessful so far.
> Both forrest versions throw errors (though different ones) for a doc
> build that has been working with Forrest 0.7 for the longest time (and
> is untouched since the last, successful run).
>
> (In case you're curious, it is the doc target in the build file of
> Apache DdlUtils, http://db.apache.org/ddlutils. Source files related
> to Forrest can be found here:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/ddlutils/trunk/src/doc/).
>     [java]
>     [java]
>     [java] X [0]                                     linkmap.html
> BROKEN: Could not find component for role:
> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/project]
> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/project')
>     [java] Total time: 0 minutes 3 seconds,  Site size: 0 Site pages: 0
>     [java] Java Result: 1

See the upgrade instructions at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#modules

I see that you have your own project sitemap
at src/doc/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap

This needs to be changed to replace the "{project:"
patterns as described.

However i do not see why you even need the project
sitemap. You are not using it for anything.
So just remove it completely.

> The same setup, this time with Forrest 0.7 produces this:

Did you do a 'forrest clean' in your project docs space
after switching forrest versions?

> While this is a longer error message, unfortunately I cannot make
> sense of either error :-(
>
> Any idea what might be causing this ?

Not following the upgrade instructions.

-David