Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by vo...@basf-it-services.com on 2004/04/22 20:45:57 UTC

Incompatible change Request.getRequestURI()

I have updated from Cocoon 2.1.2 to the current HEAD and found out, that
there is a diffent behavior in the return value of Request.getRequestURI().
If an external request forward the request to an internal cocoon pipeline
and in this internal pipeline Request.getRequestURI() is called the 2.1.2
release return the URI of the external Request and the current version
return the URI of the internal request.
In the new version there is a new method RequestWrapper.setRequestURI()
which is called from
TreeProcessor$ForwardEnvironmentWrapper.setInternalRedirect(). This call
change the value to the internal URI. In the old version the RequestWrapper
allways returns the value of the external HttpRequest.

So the question is, is this a bug or a feature ? ;-) If it is a feature, my
problem is, that I am not able to get the external URI anymore.

WDYT?

Thanks,

Volker

RE: Incompatible change Request.getRequestURI()

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
It's a feature. We discussed this incompatible change some weeks
ago and voted to do it as now an internal redirect is a real
internal redirect, so there is no difference to an external
redirect anymore.

PS: This is another candidate to make a 2.2 release next.

Carsten