Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ QUEEN VIC)" <cp...@bloomberg.net> on 2017/12/01 16:03:23 UTC

Re:LTR model upload

Hi Brian,

Thank you for this question! It sounds like you may be experiencing the issue reported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11049 and perhaps the same workaround could work for you?

And in the upcoming Solr 7.2 release https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11250 will provide an alternative way for handling large models.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Christine

----- Original Message -----
From: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
At: 11/28/17 23:00:11

When I upload, I can see my model when I hit "solr/collection_name/schema/model-store/" but when I reload the collection, it's gone.

Is there a size limit for LTR models? I have a 1.6mb / 49,000 line long lambdamart model (that's what ranklib spit out for me) which I didn't think would be a huge problem. I decided to test by cutting down the model size by deleting 99% of it and it worked after reload. Does this mean my model is too big or do I possibly have a syntax bug somewhere in my model.json?

  *   Brian

RE: Re:LTR model upload

Posted by Brian Yee <by...@wayfair.com>.
Thanks Christine, that makes sense. I am currently working around the issue by limiting how many trees Ranklib produces which reduces the file size.

--Brian