Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/09/23 08:44:28 UTC

Proposal: sending the specialpurpose/oagis component to Attic

Hi all,

my proposal is to remove the "oagis" specialpurpose component from the
trunk and record the event in our Attic page [*].
If we will do this, the consequence will be that the component will no more
be available in future releases: if you are using it, or plan to use it,
speak up now! :-)
Otherwise, its source code and interesting concepts will be always
available in our source repository and interested parties could easily
retrieve its sources following the instructions in our Attic page.
The main motivation for this proposal is because of the tricky license of
the XML schema files under specialpurpose/oagis/dtd/
These files are an old and unmaintained version and we could not upgrade
them because since their inclusion in OFBiz the newer versions have been
re-licensed under an incompatible license. Even in they current license,
they require special handling and mention in our LICENSE file and,
considering the complexity of the subject, and the fact that the component
has never attracted much attention (based on the questions or contributions
received in the years), I think it would be safer if we remove it from the
trunk.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

[*] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Attic

Re: Proposal: sending the specialpurpose/oagis component to Attic

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

Le 23/09/2016 � 10:44, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Re: Blank DB

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 11/10/2016  05:20, Craig Parker a crit :
> Is there a doc somewhere on starting with a fresh DB? I'm still tooling with the data that comes with a default install, but I'm going to want
> another "squeaky clean" DB to be playing with also.
>
> There's nothing saying I can't have two instances of ofbiz running on the same server is there, or is there a better way to swap back and forth
> between the "test" DB that I'm currently running and what will eventually be my live DB in a hurry?

Hi Craig,

You might start 2 (or more) OFBiz instances at the same time by using the portoffset option, hence using simultaneously 2 DBs. As its name says it
will offset all ports internally used by OFBiz.
The syntax can be known using "gradlew "ofbiz -help" if you use the trunk or "ant -p" if you use a released package.

Jacques

Re: Blank DB

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Another possible option (which I've never tried), is to use the multi
tenancy functionality to allow two different sets of data without needing
to restart OFBiz or run multiple instances.

Regards
Scott

Re: Blank DB

Posted by Craig Parker <cr...@fossfolks.com>.

Re: Blank DB

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Craig,

Blank DB

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks Jacopo for detailing the current status and problems as it makes it a lot easier to make a decision.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Todd Thorner <tt...@infotinuum.com>.
I did a quick search for a dog food solution within the ASF, and found
this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/plugins/viewsource/viewpagesrc.action?pageId=92973

It points toward a project hosted outside the ASF, and codehaus.org
appears to be temporarily unresponsive (at least on my end), but that
Smooks thing might represent an alternative.

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwax.co>.
Hello Brajesh,

EDI support is not available in OFBiz till now. You will need to implement
services for parsing EDI files and creating new EDI files for different
processes. You can refer 'Smooks[1]' for EDI parsing.

[1]: http://www.smooks.org/guide

Kind Regards,

Arun Patidar
Director of Information Systems

*HotWax CommerceReal OmniChannel. Real Results.*
m: +91 9827353082
w: www.hotwax.co

 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/hotwaxcommerce/>
<https://www.facebook.com/HotWaxCommerce/>
<https://twitter.com/hotwaxcommerce>

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

--
Thanks
Brajesh Patel

Re: Proposal: sending the specialpurpose/oagis component to Attic

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.