Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "James H. H. Lampert" <ja...@touchtonecorp.com> on 2013/09/13 23:38:19 UTC

Question about non-default keystore passwords

Up until the situation prompting my "P7B" thread this week, I hadn't
bothered with non-default passwords, given that they then have to be
inserted into the server.xml file in order for them to work.

Have I missed something (I'm sure I've missed a great deal.) Is there a
way to use a non-default password *without* having to put the password
in server.xml, for anybody with command-line access to the system to see it?

--
JHHL

RE: Question about non-default keystore passwords

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: James H. H. Lampert [mailto:jamesl@touchtonecorp.com]
> Subject: Question about non-default keystore passwords

> Is there a way to use a non-default password *without* having to put
> the password in server.xml, for anybody with command-line access to
> the system to see it?

If you're allowing unprivileged users to have access to the Tomcat configuration files, you have much, much bigger problems than them stumbling across the keystore password.

 - Chuck

Re: Question about non-default keystore passwords

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.