Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Randall Parker <ra...@nls.net> on 2000/03/07 18:43:11 UTC

Session timeout only on port 80: I know one cause

I've seen Keith Wannamaker and Christopher Frauenberger both posting what sounded like
identical problems to what we hit: Sessions always got created fresh if port 80 via Apache
was used but things worked normally on port 8080 (ie sessions persisted).

We are running Tomcat v3.0 with Apache 1.3.9 on Red Hat Linux 6.1.

With the example servlets we saw that if we came in on port 8080 our sessions persist.
But if we come into Tomcat via Apache and port 80 then a new session was created every
time a servlet got a request.

Cause: Use of an older version of mod_jserv. Solution: Don't do that! Use the version of
jserv that is for Tomcat, not the one you previously downloaded for earlier work.