Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by John Hall <jo...@evergo.net> on 2001/03/19 23:55:40 UTC

Newbie. Default Namespace dosen't work? WebDav.

My company is using Xerces 1.2.3 (J) for its XML parser.  We are
implementing WebDav.

The parser calls my function when a new element is encountered:
‘startElement( String p_namespaceName, String p_localName, String raw,
Attributes p_attrs)

When I use the following XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<propfind xmnls="DAV:" >
  <prop>
    <creationdate/>
  </prop>
</propfind>

I expect “p_namespaceName” to be “DAV:” for “prop”, “creationdate” and
“propfind”, because I have declared the default namespace “xmnls=”DAV:”.
However, my system is giving me an empty string for the namespace.  So I can
’t tell whether a default namespace was correctly used, or the element is a
part of the null namespace (which would be illegal).

Is this a known problem, or is there something I should be doing
differently?

Re: Newbie. Default Namespace dosen't work? WebDav.