Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu> on 2017/07/16 07:56:19 UTC

AIRFLOW-1258

Hi!

I am currently running a couple of long-running tasks on a database/dataset at school for a project that results in behavior/log output similar to what was flagged in this bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258>

Wasn’t sure if anyone on the list had seen anything similar, or would know what I can do to possibly debug further/patch. As it takes 1hr to test a change, needless to say any pointers from the dev team on the right direction to look within the codebase would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance for everyone’s/anyone's time and help - am not an Airflow expert, but am hopefully learning quickly enough to help resolve this issue (if I am ‘barking up the right tree’ with this bug number…)

Cheers,

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if it can make it into 1.8.2 -> as it has been voted upon successfully. It hasn’t been officially out yet as we need to fix some stuff for the IPMC, but that is just voting upon another tarball. Normally we can do a 1.8.3 pretty quickly though.

Bolke

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.
> On Jul 26, 2017, at 3:07 PM, Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 26, 2017, at 2:25 PM, Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you explain what is solved by the patch? It only seems to set a empty default value?
>>
>> If that solves it it also seems to be a bug with celery. Or did you set some options? That would be great to share.
>>

> Apologies - forgot to include that the config option that was set via BROKER_TRANSPORT_OPTIONS was the visibility_timeout which I configured to >1d in seconds. So not sure if that is something that should be set in the config template with a sane default (say 1d), or if it should just be documented and the config should be left with empty broker_transport_option json.

Hi again - just wanted to see if 1.8.2 was already built/ready for release to see if this is includable, or whether it will have to wait for 1.8.3?

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.
Hi again to the list - now that 1.8.2 is out - would it be possible to merge this for 1.8.3?

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>.
Hi again!

> On Jul 16, 2017, at 3:22 AM, Alex Guziel <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I think this may be related to a celery bug. I'll follow up with more
> details later.

Just replying back to the note earlier in the thread - apologies for the earlier top-posting, got a bit excited that I might have found the issue, and of course lack of sleep results in one doing terrible, terrible things… :)

Any idea if my suspicion around the 1h default visibility timeout between celery/redis is the culprit?

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 12:56 AM Jawahar Panchal <jp...@hawk.iit.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am currently running a couple of long-running tasks on a
>> database/dataset at school for a project that results in behavior/log
>> output similar to what was flagged in this bug:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258>
>>
>> Wasn’t sure if anyone on the list had seen anything similar, or would know
>> what I can do to possibly debug further/patch. As it takes 1hr to test a
>> change, needless to say any pointers from the dev team on the right
>> direction to look within the codebase would be much appreciated! :)
>>
>> Thanks in advance for everyone’s/anyone's time and help - am not an
>> Airflow expert, but am hopefully learning quickly enough to help resolve
>> this issue (if I am ‘barking up the right tree’ with this bug number…)
>>
>> Cheers,

Cheers,

Re: AIRFLOW-1258

Posted by Alex Guziel <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.