Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Khailovsky, Igor" <Ig...@verint.com> on 2012/01/05 13:01:08 UTC

RE: Tomcat multiple instances runs as service from same exe file

Hello All,

How to execute multiple instances of Tomcat server as windows services from same physical location (CATALINA_HOME) without tomcat executable replication? In other words, how to point a Tomcat windows service to specific server.xml (not a default location)?

I know that this option is available for Tomcat that was executed from command line.

The question is about Tomcat v.6.0 that runs as Windows 2008 service.

Thanks!

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Re: Tomcat multiple instances runs as service from same exe file

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/1/6 Khailovsky, Igor <Ig...@verint.com>:
> P-
> I investigated these documents before asked the question, but did not find relevant answer. If you really know answer for my question, please specify it.

You cannot run multiple services from the same exe.
Moreover, the exe file name is used as a key to look up service
configuration. So if you have several services all their exe files
must have different names regardless of their location.

The service launcher is not part of Apache Tomcat project. It is just
Apache Commons Daemon.

Posted by "Khailovsky, Igor" <Ig...@verint.com>.
P-

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.